- Price: free ($0.00) In Apple Store
- Category: Games
- Updated: 2011-03-31
- Current Version: 1.3.1
- 1.3.1 (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- Size: 17.90 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: David Thorsrud
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later
- © 2011
Add to Favorite apps
If you consider yourself a word game pro, this game will deliver exciting, new challenges. The timer mode gives you big rewards for fast thinking. Stacking tiles up to three layers means word intersections are often more valuable than double word…..
What's New in Version 1.3.1
NOTE: For users _upgrading_ on iPad with multitasking, Apple's install will sometimes cause game to lock which may require a reinstall of SpellStacker. See support page for more info.
Includes data handling updates to ensure compatibility with the Mac OS desktop version of SpellStacker.
- Mute button on iPhone/iPad actually mutes sound now!
Updates for version 1.3 included:
- Improved overall performance and stability related to logging off, dictionary database, purchasing upgrades, and internet connectivity.
- Updated all instruction pages with visuals.
- Added additional error checking to ensure accurate updating of online board data.
- Improved Internet communications handling when WiFi and cell data drop off and on during play.
- Improved dictionary definition lookup accuracy when searching on words with suffixes/prefixes.
- The purchased iPad dictionary is now larger for easier scanning of definitions.
Rated 3/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Maurice Schmid write:
The new update made the game non-playable....
what I keep going back to on my iPad
SpellStacker is the only app that I'm ROOTING FOR! Says this general skeptic. It is fun and very well executed, a hidden gem of the App Store. Game design is an engaging twist on Scrabble, and since Scrabble has put out their usual so-so app to take advantage of their priceless brand as quickly as possibly (no general multiplayer server, for example), I play this online instead. If you're a Scrabble purist, you might be pleasantly surprised at how well this variant stands on its own. Attention to detail is far beyond most apps, free or not.
I don't care about not having a computer opponent. I want to play online with people, and the dev, who appears to be just one guy, has made a big enough investment here without developing a playing algorithm as well. The dev is very helpful and friendly too. Ask a question at the web site if you have a problem.
Finally, I agree with "Pad" below re the "tile cleaner". This purchase method is a creative and unobtrusive way of allowing you to contribute, and it most certainly doesn't come across as a bait and switch tactic to me. You can play with dirty tiles if you like, it's not a big deal.
Addicting but noisy
Brenda Kelly write:
Just did the latest update that claims to mute the game - but no luck. Even if I turn the phones volume all the way down, all the game sounds are still audible. Please add a sound on/off option.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes